Thursday, July 31, 2014

Realities of Living With Randos

They're gone.

My roommates. They're gone. Moved out. Poof.

And they took all of the forks with them. But that's ok.

Challenge accepted.

....out. Peace out. To me. Get it? Hehe. 

Besides having more room for activities, I'm not sure much will change.
We didn't talk.
Nobody talked. Ever.
I think we all just kinda lived life hoping not to piss the others off.

Because when you live with randos, you don't know what is social acceptable.

Because when one speaks Romanian and a little German, and one only speaks German, and the rando American speaks English and Spanglish....you're not going to be asking someone else to take out the trash, among other things. Like....

Can I listening to music (without headphones in while cooking, showering, etc.)?


.....are you an Adele fan? Orrrrr should I just......ok.....

Can I use X, Y, Z in the kitchen?


Everyone had their own shelf. The door was maybe neutral territory, but I really don't know...

Can I use your beer glass as a measuring cup? 


Because I don't know how much water to I need to make my instant mashed potatoes and we don't have a measuring cup...

Can you tell me your name again? 


Cuz I'm pretty sure they didn't know mine. Or they didn't care. And I still don't know their last names. If they saw me, and needed to get my attention, they just made noises until I looked over. 
It was awkward. 

Can we please fix the light in the bathroom?! 

Because a German, a Romanian, and an American couldn't seem to communicate enough to do it, so maybe Juan could really help us out. 

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE BUY TOLIET PAPER?! 

Because I can only steal from these hostels for so long... 

Can I have friends over?


Or.....? 
Ok so no....

Can I keep my door open? 


Oh, shoot, that would just be a reminder that I/you/we exist and are living together, soooooo not a thing? 

Gosh.

Randos. 

Can't live with them. 
But maybe Bono can. 

kendall 

No comments:

Post a Comment